Me on my 6th birthday with my favourite chocolate cake shaped like a bear
I’ve had the most wonderful week! It’s been filled with the best surprises, love and adventure; I’m so content and happy right now. My birthday has just been and that in itself is a day that I love. I’ve always loved my birthdays and I always wake up happy and excited on my own. This year is the first time I’ve actually felt old, and that I’ve moved on to a different part in my life. I’m now 26 (!!), no longer in my early 20’s and it feels both right and daunting. I feel like I’m no a “real” grown up lol and that’s a bit scary. But at the same time I feel ready for it and that I’m already there mentally, if that make sense.
Signs I’m now old:
- I’m in a loving relationship with the person I want to spend my life with
- We’re living together and are soon going to move in to a large house where we’ll liking be living for the next 5-10 years
- I’m longing for quite nights in, watching films (although I’ve always been a bit of a granny)
- The other day I got excited about gardening and making our garden look nice!! That’s when you know you’re old in my book
- I’d rather buy essentials for the house than clothes. This is a bit sad
- I have wrinkles around my eyes even when I’m not smiling (the horror!)
- 18 year olds now look really, really young to me
Despite all this, I feel ready for this phase in my life. I’ve noticed that over the last year I’ve had a slow shift the way I’m picturing my future, my goals and what I want out of life. Most of my goals are still the same, but how I’m going after them or the reason for them have slightly shifted. I feel a lot more at peace with certain things in my life and I am also now wanting things I didn’t want before. I’ve always been career driven and my goals for my career are the same. The difference is that before I pictured myself by myself, and going for what I wanted with only myself to think about. Now I have a partner and our goals are very much shared and I’m planning my goals with him in mind. Moving in to a house also means that I know where I will be living for the next few years and for someone who’s moved up to 3 times in a year over the last year that is a big change, but no doubt a welcoming change.
I have so many hopeful plans and dreams for this birthday year and can’t wait to see how it unfolds. And happy birthday to any other Leo’s out there!